Most Australians love the idea of owning an investment property. However, only 7.9 per cent have acted on the great Australian dream.
When considering your options for acquiring an investment property, Newcastle Financial Planning Group believes having clarity of your purpose is fundamental to your long-term outcome.
Considering Property for Wealth Creation?
When utilising property for wealth creation, there are a number of factors to consider:
- Capital growth, income or taxation benefits: what’s your priority?
- Location, Location, Location: over 80 per cent of the reason for capital growth can be linked to the location.
- Tax benefits: such as deductions for rental expenses and negative gearing may grant access to capital gains tax concessions when you make a profit on the sale of your investment.
- Additional source of income: particularly beneficial in the lead up to your retirement.
- Building a property portfolio: using equity built up from your existing property/ies may support your overall financial planning or retirement position.
Capital Property Investment Advisers
Our business partner, Capital Property Investment Advisers, use specialised tools to research, source and analyse properties from all over Australia, selecting only the best properties that meet our clients’ needs and goals. In addition, they operate with a fee for service business, which means they are aligned to our business and their number one goal is always to work in the client’s best interests.
In addition, Capital Property Investment Advisers can support our financial planning process by valuing your existing property investments, consider the options of extracting full value of your existing assets through development, renovation, extending the existing residence or adding a granny flat.
Buying an investment property is a big decision, but with this information we can take the stress and confusion out of the process and ensure our clients can make a more informed choice.
If you need advice on your property investments, please contact Newcastle Financial Planning Group on 02 4032 7934.