When the time comes for you or a loved one to transition into residential aged care, many find the process confusing and stressful.
During this time of emotional upheaval you may feel confronted with multiple meetings with aged care providers and what seems like endless paperwork. The unfamiliar process requires effective decision-making, and it can take a toll on the entire family. Imagine if you didn’t need to navigate the process alone.
Newcastle Financial Planning Group (NFPG) can support you through the process whether you are:
- Considering your own aged care options for the future
- In a position where you urgently need to find yourself a residential aged care placement, or
- If you are responsible for finding care for a close relative or carer.
With the advice of an Accredited Aged Care Professional you can smoothly navigate this process, receiving the professional advice you need to create effective financial solutions that provide peace-of-mind and an ideal lifestyle for you and your family.
How your Aged Care Specialist can support you
Whether it’s questions about the requirements for aged care eligibility, an explanation on how the assessment will be conducted, or detailed information on the range of accommodation options, NFPG Aged Care Specialists can provide you with helpful information and advice.
They can also advise families on:
- The entry and ongoing costs of aged care accommodation
- How Centrelink entitlements and ongoing income may be affected
- What may happen to the family home
- How investments and finances can be structured to ensure long-term income, capital security and tax efficiency
- How an aged care placement may affect current Estate Planning arrangements
Let’s work together to achieve a positive outcome
The NFPG team will work with you, your family, solicitors, accountants, and Aged Care Providers to achieve the following outcomes for you:
- Provide you with the appropriate information to help you negotiate with aged care facilities, to ensure you secure a desired placement and acceptable fee structure
- Decide on the most favourable strategy for the family home in order to optimise accommodation costs and pension entitlements
- Calculate if an accommodation payment or contribution is payable and how you can effectively structure your assets to fund this.
- Evaluate options for paying a refundable accommodation deposit or daily accommodation payments while ensuring that Centrelink benefits are not negatively affected.
- Determine how ongoing accommodation fees can be minimised and pension entitlements can be maximised, through the structuring of investment assets and implementation of financial planning strategies.
- Maximise access to additional benefits, such as the Commonwealth Seniors’ Health Card.
- Use the financial planning strategy to structure financial and personal assets in order to maximise tax efficiency.
- Structure the Estate Plan to ensure the transfer of assets to beneficiaries in line with your wishes.
- Perform a regular strategy review to maintain the effectiveness of your strategy.
Our Accredited Aged Care Professional Rosie Copp and her experienced support team have made it their passion to help alleviate the worries of families experiencing the Aged Care process and will support you no matter where you are based.
NFPG will work with you to ensure your Aged Care strategy is completed in a timely and stress-free manner so that you can focus on what matters most.
Once you or your family member are settled into aged care accommodation, you can relax knowing that you or your loved one have quality of life in appropriate care, achieved with financial efficiency and peace of mind knowing there is a financial strategy to take care of the future.
Working with an Accredited Financial Adviser who has experience in Aged Care Financial Advice relieves the pressure and gives you confidence and peace-of-mind to know you are making the best choices – the value to you can be significant.
Our advice is fee-for-service, based on the time taken to prepare and provide the advice you require.
If you would like to work with our experienced Aged Care Specialists and Support Team, the minimum fee to receive advice is $3,500 plus GST and includes:
- An initial complimentary meeting
- Completion of our Aged Care Questionnaire
- Review of the Questionnaire and follow-up discussion if required
- Research and preparation of a Comprehensive Aged Care Strategy Paper specific to your circumstances
- Final meeting including presentation of the Strategy Paper, answer any questions you may have and discuss any associated issues