Most people dream of their first day of retirement – the day they start doing whatever you want, whenever you want with whoever you want.
However, only 44% of Australians over age 40 feel prepared for retirement1.
Our team of Financial Advisers at Newcastle Financial Planning Group are experienced with working with clients to ensure they are retirement ready and can focus on enjoying the wealth they have accumulated and lifestyle they desire.
The most important step is starting to plan how you can continue your ideal lifestyle, whether it be travel, spending time with family and friends, volunteering or just making sure you have enough money to last your lifetime, getting started is the first step in building an ongoing strategy and relationship with your Financial Adviser to ensure a smooth transition to your ideal retirement.
Find your Financial Freedom in Retirement Planning
The following steps should be considered when building your individual strategy:
- Superannuation Strategy: invest your funds in accordance with your current needs and future retirement goals.
- Investment Portfolio: accumulate funds in your preferred investment vehicle, shares, property, managed funds are just some of the options available.
- Debt Strategy: either borrowing more or repaying your current debt, we will work on your preferred strategy using your surplus cash flow to support your outcome.
If retirement is fast approaching or already here, we can:
- Utilise Super contribution strategies, should you wish to make any additional personal contributions.
- Create your retirement strategy by preparing for the transition of your Superannuation to an income stream (Pension) and investing your funds to reflect your own circumstances and goals.
- Develop a cash flow plan, if you wish to gradually transition into retirement through reducing your work hours.
- Research alternative investment products that may be beneficial to funding your retirement lifestyle outside of Super, e.g. annuities, loans to third parties, property investment options.
- Determine your eligibility:for the Centrelink Age Pension or any other additional government concessions to subsidise your income or reduce your expenses.
- Ensure all ongoing income or lifestyle payments are coming from your cash reserves over the sale of assets where possible.
If you want to enjoy retirement with peace of mind knowing there is a financial strategy to take care of the future, book a complimentary initial meeting with Newcastle Financial Planning Group today.